SapiBon Foundation, Inc. strives to collect more support from other individuals and Local Non-Profit Organizations to continue and widen our programs and campaign to help every child and family live a better life. The following are some ways you can partner with our Charitable Organization in Fort Lauderdale, Florida:
SapiBon Foundation, Inc. is the leading domestic hunger relief organization serving South Florida. For every $1 donated to us, we can provide six meals. With more than 98 cents of every dollar put back into the community, it costs us just .14 cents to move a pound of food, provide direct service programs, and lead advocacy efforts.
Our directors have developed meaningful relationships with local school administrators to combat the devastating effects of bullying. Our directors proudly assist these schools by subsidizing their existing programs and helping them establish their anti-bullying programs. If they have already created an anti-bullying program, our organization will subsidize the costs for speakers to present at their assemblies. If the school does not have an existing program, we will work with school administrators to craft an effective program. Our services include gathering essential resources, creating a curriculum, holding focus groups to create our literature, establishing tips for avoiding bullying, and educating students on what to do in cases of bullying.
Every donation can bring a smile to our community as it helps to enhance the lives of others. Make a difference by donating today. We appreciate any amount because every single penny counts. Visit our Make a Donation page to share our cause.
SapiBon Foundation, Inc. relies on the generous support of the community to host food drives, which ensure we receive shelf-stable, high-demand products that our partner agencies and their clients most request.
FOOD & FUND DRIVE
Register your food drive with us (below), and we will send you our Food + Fund Drive Kit that includes a list of top needed items, signs for your collection boxes, and a list of Q&As, as well as team member contact information to help you along the way. For additional questions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Register Your Food Drive
BULK AND RETAIL DONATIONS
SapiBon Foundation, Inc. rescues food from farmers, grocers, manufacturers, retail stores, and other donors of bulk, quality food that’s fit for consumption but not saleable.
To join our list of food industry partners, please get in touch with our Food Industry Manager, Gee Surin, at 754-222-1112 or email@example.com.
Please note that due to the high volume of food drives conducted between October and December, we can only pick up food drives that are 1,000 pounds or more. During January-September, the minimum is 500 pounds. We appreciate your understanding and invite you to tour our 10,000-square-foot facility to see how your donation is processed.
We also accept kind donations or foods that can fill an empty stomach; simply click here. Partner with us now!
SORT ROOM VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
We rescue 2 million pounds of food annually, and before we can distribute it, the products must be inspected and sorted to ensure food is safe for consumption before distributing it. Whether you’re a group or an individual, we always need volunteers to assist with the sorting process. We can accommodate large groups and specialize in team-building and special event sort days!
- To volunteer, go to our Volunteer Now page.
- Anyone over the age of 12 can volunteer.
- Groups and individuals are welcome!
- We can provide community service hours and can accommodate specific court-ordered volunteer time.
- We cannot accommodate walk-ins, so please be sure to register.
- If you’d like a specific date, please note that specific dates and times may not be available due to previously booked groups.
Sunday through Thursday
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. & 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- You will receive a confirmation email once you’ve emailed our Volunteer Coordinator and booked a date.
- When arriving at the warehouse, you will check in at the front and proceed to the volunteer room, where you will sign in.
- Here, we will provide an overview of SapiBon Foundation, Inc. and how to sort.
- Then, you will be escorted to the sort area for a rewarding and fun experience!
- Once the sort is completed, we ensure the space is ready for the next group.
- Finally, we bring you back to the volunteer room and provide you with the number of pounds and meals you helped provide our families needing food assistance.
HOW WE SORT
1. INSPECT 2. SORT 3. BUILD
- Inspection of product
- Sorting good products into final categories
- Building boxes of final categories
- Pallet jack and scale operators
- Trash and box runners
- Clean up
- No children under 12; children 12-16 require parental supervision.
- Closed-toe shoes must be worn at all times (Please dress appropriately for warehouse work – t-shirts/polos, pants/jeans, sneakers/boots)
- No bags/purses in the warehouse
- No food or drink in the warehouse
ADDITIONAL VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Are you interested in learning more? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information, and we will reply within two business days.
SHARE YOUR VOICE
As part of our mission, we strive to lead hunger and poverty advocacy efforts in South Florida. And almost 1 million people are in need of food assistance; we believe the voice of the community is a powerful way to effect change positively.
Follow SapiBon Foundation’s legislative agenda and register for alerts to learn about policies that affect, or may affect, hunger relief in South Florida
For additional information, some great websites are:
Please find us on social media such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram. Follow us, like us, retweet us, and help raise awareness for the issue of hunger in South Florida. When visiting our warehouse or events, don’t forget to tag #SapibonFoundationHunger to join the hunger-relief conversation!
CONTACT YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS
There are many salient issues at the forefront of our community which significantly impact the work we do. To find and contact your federal, state, and local elected officials supporting hunger relief efforts, click here and enter your zip code.
Shop – Store
Start shopping with your favorite brands here on our site. You can purchase various merchandise from us to support ending hunger. Our products for our online store will be posted soon!
Our dedicated team is always ready to welcome your inquiries. Please feel free to reach us at 754-222-1112 or email email@example.com. Thank you for partnering with us.