SapiBon Foundation, Inc. strives to collect more support from other individuals and Local Non-Profit Organizations to continue and widen our programs and campaign to help every child and family to live a better life. The following are some ways you can partner with our Charitable Organization in Plantation, Florida:
SapiBon Foundation, Inc. is the leading domestic hunger-relief organization serving South Florida. For every $1 donated to us, we can provide 6 meals. With more than 98 cents of every dollar put back into the community, it costs us just .14 cents to move a pound of food, as well as provide direct service programs and lead advocacy efforts.
In an effort to combat the devastating effects of bullying, our directors have developed meaningful relationships with local school administrators. Our directors proudly assist these schools by subsidizing their existing programs and helping them establish their own anti-bullying programs. If they have already created an anti-bullying program, our organization will subsidize the costs for speakers to present at their assemblies. If the school does not have an existing program, we will work with school administrators to craft an effective program. Our services include gathering essential resources, creating a curriculum, holding focus groups to create our own literature, establishing tips for avoiding bullying, and educating students on what to do in cases of bullying.
Every donation can bring a smile in our community as it helps to enhance the life’s status of others. Make a difference by donating today. We appreciate any amount because every single penny counts. Visit our Make a Donation page to share our cause.
SapiBon Foundation, Inc. relies on the generous support of the community to host food drives, which ensure we receive shelf-stable, high-demand products that are most requested by our partner agencies and their clients.
FOOD & FUND DRIVE
Register your food drive with us (below) and we will send you our Food + Fund Drive Kit that includes a list of top needed items, signs for your collection boxes, and a list of Q&As, as well as team member contact information to help you along the way. For additional questions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Register Your Food Drive
BULK & RETAIL DONATIONS
SapiBon Foundation, Inc. rescues food from farmers, grocers, manufacturers, retail stores, and other donors of bulk, quality food that’s fit for consumption but not saleable.
To join our list of food industry partners, please contact our Food Industry Manager, Gee Surin, at 754-216-1515 or email@example.com.
Please note that due to the high volume of food drives conducted between October and December, we are only able to pick up food drives that are 1,000 pounds or more. During January-September, the minimum is 500 pounds. We appreciate your understanding and invite you in for a tour of our 10,000 square foot facility so you can see how your donation is processed.
We also accept kind donations or any foods that can full an empty stomach, just simply click here. Partner with us now!
SORT ROOM VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
We rescue 2 million pounds of food per year and before we can distribute it, the products need to be inspected and sorted to ensure food is safe for consumption before distributing it. Whether you’re a group or an individual, we are always in need of volunteers to assist with the sort process. We can accommodate large groups and specialize in team-building and special event sort days!
- To volunteer, simply go to our Volunteer Now page.
- Anyone over the age of 12 can volunteer.
- Groups and individuals are welcome!
- We are able to provide community service hours and can accommodate certain court-ordered volunteer time
- We are not able to accommodate walk-ins so please be sure to register.
- If you’d like a specific date, please note that due to previously booked groups, certain dates and time may not be available
Sunday through Thursday
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. & 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Once you’ve emailed our Volunteer Coordinator and booked a date, you will receive a confirmation email.
- When arriving at the warehouse, you will check in at the front and proceed to the volunteer room where you will sign in.
- Here, we will provide you with an overview of SapiBon Foundation, Inc. and how to sort.
- Then, you will be escorted to the sort area for a rewarding and fun experience!
- Once sort is completed, we ensure the space is ready for the next group.
- Finally, we bring you back to the volunteer room and provide you with the number of pounds and meals you helped provide to our families in need of food assistance.
HOW WE SORT
1. INSPECT 2. SORT 3. BUILD
- Inspection of product
- Sorting good product into final categories
- Building boxes of final categories
- Pallet jack and scale operators
- Trash and box runners
- Clean up
- No children under the age of 12; children 12-16 require parental supervision.
- Closed-toe shoes must be worn at all times (Please dress appropriately for warehouse work – t-shirts/polos, pants/jeans, sneakers/boots)
- No bags/purses in the warehouse
- No food or drink in the warehouse
ADDITIONAL VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Interested in learning more? Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information and we will reply within 2 business days.
SHARE YOUR VOICE
As part of our mission, we strive to lead hunger and poverty advocacy efforts in South Florida. and almost 1 million people in need of food assistance, we believe the voice of the community is a powerful way to positively effect change.
Follow SapiBon Foundation’s legislative agenda and register for alerts to learn about policies that affect, or may affect hunger relief in South Florida
For additional information, some great websites are:
Find us on social media such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram. Follow us, like us, retweet us, and help raise awareness for the issue of hunger in South Florida. When visiting our warehouse or events, don’t forget to tag #SapibonFoundationHunger to join the hunger-relief conversation!
CONTACT YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS
There are many salient issues at the forefront of our community which greatly impact the work we do. To find and contact your federal, state, and local elected officials in support of hunger-relief efforts, click here and enter your zip code.
Shop – Store
Start shopping with your favorite brands here on our site. You can purchase a variety of merchandise from us to show your support for ending hunger. Our products for our online store will be posted soon!
Our dedicated team is always ready to welcome your inquiries. Please feel free to reach us at 754-216-1515 or send an email to email@example.com. Thank you for partnering with us.